Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Trouble connecting to background service

edited February 2011 in Scanner
So I installed the addin this morning and ran it. It found a drive with issues. I removed the drive. Now the addin can not connect to the background service. Leave it for a hour and it never connects. Service is started and have restarted the server many times. Reinstalled the addin as well. 

Comments

• Covecube
    kris,

Since the add-in came out or alpha, a number of people were having connection issues. I've been working with a couple of testers making various changes to the comm system to try and fix the problem. Among other changes there's now a new TCP based connection channel that kicks in, in case the default built in named pipes one fails. Also, there was an internationalization fix released today which had to do with connection issues.

The latest built as of right now is 2439. If this build is still giving you trouble, I'd like to help you. Just open up a case using stablebit.com/contact and we'll take it from there.

FYI, for the technical folks, StableBit Scanner used standard .NET Remoting with IPC to communicate with the service.

Regards,
    Alex