Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DP v2.0.0.202 beta, win 7 clean re-install, changed user name, access/permissions broken.... SOLVED

edited March 2013 in DrivePool
I did a clean win 7 re-install of the system drive.  all the pooled drives are in an external enclosure.  i changed my username in the new install.  now i don't have permission to make changes in the pool.  do i take ownership of the pool itself, or the pool parts?  i read a post describing what to do with whs, which was to uninstall dp, fix ownership on the pool parts, reinstall dp, use the whs dp utility to fix the pool shares and such.  this is on a win 7 pc.

i've only checked one pool drive, but i was able to create a new folder in the root of the drive (outside poolpart folder), and a txt doc in that folder.

thanks

Comments

• to change ownership and permissions in the past i've been using this registry hack, it gives a right-click context menu item "Grant Admin Full Control":

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Grant Admin Full Control"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas2]
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas2\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
  • I am removing a drive from the pool, would this cause my "problem"?  The drive hasn't failed yet, I've selected to remove it from the pool, DP is working on it.  I just read this little bit in a different thread:

" If DrivePool detects a drive in a pool has failed (including being
    disconnected or switched off, e.g. a USB-attached external drive), it
    switches that pool to read-only mode until that drive returns to
    operation or is removed from the pool. "
  • yup, drive removed, have access to the pool again.