Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DrivePool and Lights-Out

edited July 2011 in DrivePool

I've been running Lights-Out on my servers for a few years, and I just remembered that, under WHSv1, it had some interesting behavior with regard to DE.

In WHSv1, Lights-Out would stop the drive extender service on suspend, and restart the service on resume.  Would it be a good idea to do the same with DrivePool, or is it not necessary?

Comments

• Covecube
    Don't see a reason to. Perhaps DE didn't like being suspended?

I don't thing DrivePool has a problem being put into sleep mode.
  • Trying to configure Lights-Out and just want to consult what would be the best way to configure it. 
    Should I mark DrivePool services to stop or restart whenever system goes into standby or wakes up respectively?
  • Trying to configure Lights-Out and just want to consult what would be the best way to configure it. 
    Should I mark DrivePool services to stop or restart whenever system goes into standby or wakes up respectively?

No, you don't need to have Lights-Out do anything special for DrivePool.