In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.
The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com
The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.
This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.
Single SSD Feeder disk - Duplicated pool
If you want to use a single feeder disk to duplicated pool this feature is now working correctly with the latest beta (18.104.22.16845). To use the feature carry out the following steps.
- Install the Archive Optimizer plugin.
- Optional:If you wish to set your own duplication time slot do the following extra step
Locate the DrivePool.Service.exe.config_default file in C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool and rename to DrivePool.Service.exe.configEdit the file and set the FileDuplication_DuplicateTime to whatever time you wish.
Drivepool will then copy all new files to the single feeder disk then once a day move all the files off the feeder to the pool and duplicate. I use this option as I had a spare SSD drive and because if I copied a large iso bluray rip to the pool, if that file landed on a drive that was already streaming video content to a client in the house, it would cause buffering due to the hard drive having to read/write at the same time. With an ssd drive that is not an issue as it can handle the read/write IO at the same time.
- Configure the plugin how you wish specifying which disk is the feeder and the others archive drives.
- Ensure only the Archive Optimizer balancer is enabled.
- Set the automatic balancing time 1 hour before the duplication time.
- Select the duplicate files later option in drivepool server settings.
Hope this helps if someone else is thinking of trying it out.
p.s. be careful if you select a sandforce based ssd as they can have issues with trim with data like video files that cant be compressed. Its best not to fill those drives over 70% going by information on anandtech.