Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

What am I missing?

edited March 2011 in DrivePool
I have installed Stablebit 1.0.0.652 

I have added 10 drives to the pool showing 5.99TB

I have created a new share that is within g:\ServerPoolPart.d71xxx.xxx.x.x.x.x.... etc

I copy 100 gigs of data to the share.

I don't see any size reduction on any other drives... nor do I see and files / folders in the I:, J: L: M:\ServerPoolPart.xxxx.xx.xx.xx. ... etc

Comments

• Covecube
    DrivePool will put your files on the pool part that has the most free space, unless it's a duplicated share where it's a little more complicated.

If you have a 1TB drive and a 250 GB drive in the pool, all your files will go on the 1TB drive first. Once the free space on the 1TB drive falls below 250 GB, then some of your files will be put on the other drive.

In short, DrivePool tries to equalize the free space across all pool parts. For duplicated folders it's a bit different.