Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Pool Balance

edited September 2011 in DrivePool

When moving to the Drivepool setup I moved as much data as possible to as few drives as possible, thus ending up with a few full drives.

My current Drivepool has 16 drives, 8 of which are all 96%+ full and 8 drives which are 0%. The Pool Balance is at 100%.

I understand that you implemented the pool balance based on available space and some other factors to prevent continuous balancing. Only thing I want to know is whether there is a way to "force" a once off balance just to redistribute the data - I don't want all the data sitting on only those drives. After that I'll leave it to the auto feature.

If it's not possible I can just do it manually, would be nice if I could just have it do it for me.

Comments

• Hi

Sadly there is no function yet to re-balance to pool I had the same problem. However this is what I had to do install the rest of your new hard drives then click remove harddrive from 1 full of data it will then migrate all the data across the pool once done mine took 5hrs a drive add the empty drive back to the pool and repeat process u will end up with 1 empty drive but that is better than have £500 of drives sat empty like I did lol
  • Resident Guru
    Yep, as lee1978 says, (for now) the only automatic way is to remove and re-add one of the full drives.