Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Anyone using DrivePool and LightsOut?

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
I'm not able to get LO to shutdown the server with DrivePool installed. Whilst I appreciate its not necessarily a DrivePool issue I wondered if anyone was using them both successfully and could give any tips to get them working for me.

I've posted in the LO support forum and waiting for the author to set up a test box with DrivePool and LO to see how it can be resolved. In the meantime was wondering if I'm the only one with the problem?

Comments

• I've been running Lights-Out with DrivePool for some time, and haven't had any issues so far.  What are your Lights-Out monitoring settings?

Also, do you have Lights-Out set to Stop/Resume the DrivePool services?  I know that it would stop and resume the Drive Extender service on WHSv1, but it's not necessary to do that with DrivePool on WHS2011.

• That's interesting, thanks for your reply.

I've got LO set up to wake server and clients for the back up period, stay awake when monitored clients are on line, and hibernate 5 mins after no clients are online. I've not set the Drivepool service to stop/resume, and its not monitoring anything else except clients being online.

If I use a client PC to stop the server I usually get a veto first time (disk activity), and try maybe 3 or 4 times before getting a 'manual' suspend. It's hardly ever suspending when the last monitored client goes off line.

I sent LO logs to the author and he confirmed DrivePool was the reason it wasn't suspending, then thought I'd ask here in the meantime.

I wonder why it works for you and not me? Can I ask what is your suspend period set to?
  • Hmmm....

I have Lights-Out set to suspend (not hibernate- takes too long to wake) the server after 20 minutes.

I have it monitoring WHS clients, remote access, a process (lame.exe, so it doesn't fall asleep while ripping an audio CD), the console session, and access to shares.  I don't have it monitoring CPU or network usage.

• Thanks, I've tried suspending instead of hibernation, but still doesn't sleep after the last client goes offline, so I think I'll have to wait for a fix from LO author that works for me.