Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Problem: Teracopy small files with Direct IO

edited October 2011 in DrivePool
Hi 

Using 4108, I have just turned on Direct IO and Fast IO.  When using Teracopy small files do not copy anymore (tried up to 733KB) with read access error, so having an issue with album art and txt files.  They work ok on standard windows copy or if direct IO is turned off and Fast IO is left on.

Larger files ie flac and mkv files copy fine, and do not appear to be affected 

Paul

Comments

• You running any AV as direct i/o has some issues with forefront or MSE.
  • Thank you

My AV had switched to Stateful, I usually have it disabled except for full scan on Sunday

You can add Comodo AV to the list of AV that has issues with Direct I/O.

Paul
  • Covecube
    I will be testing AV with M4, but right now Direct I/O is not entirely complete, it's still interacting with the M3 code in order to make it work. Once the main switch is flipped and everything is on the new code I expect the situation to improve in terms of compatibility.
  • Covecube
    Using 4108, I have just turned on Direct IO and Fast IO.  When using Teracopy small files do not copy anymore (tried up to 733KB) with read access error, ...
    Just copies 400+ small files from the pool to the desktop on a Win 7 32-bit client using TeraCopy 2.2. Then reversed the process and copied the files back. All files copied both ways, CRC verification enabled.

Files were generally less than 100K, most were less than 1K.

Repeated the same process on the server, logged in as Administrator.

Running build 4133.

So I can't confirm this. Can you provide more info, or perhaps this is not a problem any longer?

Thanks,
  • Its the interaction with AV software thats causes the issues, Teracopy will work fine by itself with direct i/o. Using Forefront I have to untick On Access Protection to stop the issues.
  • Covecube
    Ok, it's probably the way in which filter drivers interact with DrivePool. I won't look at it now bec. it's changing in M4.