Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Drivepool and Mediabrowser

edited October 2011 in DrivePool

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering if Drivepool works alongside mediabrowser 2.5.1?  The reason I ask is that I have been testing out Drivebnder and I am having major problems with Mediabrowser being able to pull cover images for my movies.  Basically mediabroser timesout when it tries to access the pool set up on my WHS 2011 and retrieve the information.  I have seen a few users on Drivebender having this problem with no solution  I am looking to swtichover to Drivepool but wanted to find out if anybody has being using this on WHS 2011 with Mediabrowser running on an HTPC Client and if it works and pulling info.

Thanks

Comments

• edited October 2011 Member
    I haven't had a single problem with Drive Pool and Media Browser.  That surprises me that Drive Bender would have issues as I can't imagine Media Browser doing anything out of the ordinary when accessing a network share.
  • Hi SilverRubicon

Thanks for the response.  I know Mediabrowser made a few changes in regards to there latest version 2.5.1 which now utilizes sql lite for pulling in media information from movies.  I was wondering if you are using the latest version of mediabrowser?  Reason I ask is because it now uses a service which loads up at beginning which is used to pull in images/cover information.

• edited October 2011 Member
    I am using the latest version.  I watched a movie just this weekend and all of my covers and data were there.  Now, I don't know when that data was retrieved but I've been using Drive Pool for a few months.  I can try clearing my data and see what happens, but I expect it works just fine.

If it's the service causing the issue, you may need to verify that the service runs with the right credentials and maybe set it to a delayed start.  My HTPC runs 24/7 and I rarely reboot or shut it down as it's also my DVR.  That may be a bonus in this situation.
  • Glad to hear that mediabrowser is working for you.  I have tried everything.  I leave my HTPC on 24/7 aswell.  Whether it be an automatic fetch of data or a manual refresh nothing works.  I have decided to give up on drivebender and switch over to drivepool.

Thanks for your comments and letting me know that mediabrowser works with drivepool

• edited November 2011 Member
    I don't have problems with Mediabrowser but Metabrowser is still not working after reporting it quite some time ago. The problem here is that Metabrowser does not see new files added within the pool and so does not automatically tag them. I was really hoping this would have been fixed by now as it's quite a pain to have to log onto the server to run a manual refresh each time.

My original post regarding the issue:
  • Hi Steve

I have metabrowser installed directly on the server itself.  I have the option set to fetch metadata the minute it detects a new file and have had no problems with it.  Finished configuring my server with movies and tv and used mediabrowser for first time since installing Drivepool.  Everything worked like a charm.

• Yes Mediabrowser works just fine with Drive Pool....metabrowser does have a few issues though.....Alex (DrivePool) knows about this and thinks M4 might fix it,