Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Missing drive error won't resolve

edited August 2011 in DrivePool
Earlier today, the eSATA enclosure I use turned itself off for some reason. As a result, DrivePool threw a missing disk error. I turned the enclosure back on and rebooted the server, and the drives appeared again, none the worse for the wear. However, the missing drive error in the Dashboard won't clear. I rebooted a couple of more times to be sure, and double and triple checked to make sure all of the drives are present and operating properly. Maybe there's a bug in clearing the missing drive flag under certain circumstances? I don't want to put the error on ignore but I can't think of a way to clear it without completely uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm running build 3785, btw.

Comments

• Also running 3785 and the "Problem with folder duplication" alert doesn't clear even after fixing the issue and having it fixed for some time...also refreshed the alerts and rebooted a few times.
  • Covecube
    Perhaps there is an issue clearing alerts, I'll look into it. You can manually clear DrivePool alerts by running in a command prompt on the server:

cd C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\
    DrivePool.Commands Notifications.ClearAll

• edited November 2011 Member
    After a drive of mine just died, I couldn't get rid of the missing drive alert, and the folder duplication alert.  I used the command Alex provided (except it's DrivePool.WhsCommands instead) and it cleared the alerts.

Still, it should be an action item for the next release.  Not a huge deal though.