Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Insufficient System Resource Errors

edited October 2011 in DrivePool

" Error 0x800705AA: Insufficeint system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Getting these errors intermittently while trying to copy files onto the DrivePool..

Anybody else running into these? If so, know anything to work around getting them?

Comments

• I get them; less frequently between 3785 and 3940, more frequently since 3940. Only thing that fixes it for me is a reboot.
  • Same for me 4056 but nothing since 4058 only couple of days though.
  • i used to have this problem all of the time, but only when copying to a network share.  I now copy to the share through c:\serverpool\serverfolders . Seems to have cured it for me
  • Covecube
    If you have this problem happening often, I'd like to know more about it. If you're willing, open up a support case @ stablebit.com/contact and I will set up an appointment to log into your server and take a look. Just reference this thread.
  • Did this problem ever get solved? if so how, because I am having the same issue.
  • I have this problem all day long. Copying files from the client using shares is a pain. This problem does not occur when I copy local files to the server share on the server itself. Tried it with disabling network offloading. No change.
    Perhaps errors concerning client backups and folder redirection are linked to this problem?. Using SBS Essentials 2011 and build 4133.
  • During my server migration from WHSv1 to WHS2k11 I've had this error a few times - usually in the middle of the night during a huge transfer.  Network shares obviously.  Reboot fixed it, but frustrating nonetheless.

Hopefully it didn't have anything to do with it, but the last morning I woke up with the error one of the drives was dead!!  Just another small reminder to back up your important data...
  • I get this error every time I try and rip a dvd using dvdshrink directly to a network share.  If I rip to my local machine, and copy the directory it works fine, but if I rip directly, it fails.  Reboot doesn't fix the problem.
    Is there any more info on this error?  I've just installed an SBS2011Ess box with DrivePool and am in the process of populating some server shares in the pool with data and am getting this error ALL the time when trying to copy using explorer.

Using XCOPY /Z seems to work but this is hardly an acceptable solution for general use by clients.  Am rather worried about this right now!
  • Resident Guru
    Hi Toby, I would suggest contacting Alex via http://stablebit.com/contact with this problem. In the meantime, I'd be curious to see whether you have any problems when you use TeraCopy instead of Explorer, and just how much data you're trying to shift.