Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Where did my client backups go?

edited November 2011 in DrivePool

I know this has worked since I have been using drivepool because I have done a restore of my HTPC from the server.  Tonight I logged into the dashboard to find that I no longer have any backups for any of my machines.  I had saved 2 of them for specific setup points for that machine and was going to save another one before I made some changes.  I tried to open the client computer backups folder (I'm not sure if this is supposed to be possible or not) and I am unable to see if there is anything there.  When I click on the folder, neither drivepool or the home server folder manager gives me the option to open the folder.  I thought maybe this was a permission thing so I tried to reset permissions as I have done for other folders that I could not get access to and there is no option to do this either.  Is there a something I can do to get these back?  Do I need to move the backups folder out of the pool?

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Hi hellerbrewing, many folks have experienced problems with DrivePool M3 and WHS Backup, personally I recommend keeping the backup folders out of the pool until at least DrivePool M4 is released.
  • Hi

I have not had any problems running the client backups directly from drivepool the only 1 problem i did have is when i put the direct i/o setting on and fast i/o setting for reason with these on i got a server error saying my backups were corupt switch them off back to normal i have also tested them by doing a reinstall from the backup's and everthing was 100% ok

Lee

• edited December 2011 Member
    I have not had problems until now.  I think the only change that I have made to the server since they were working last was installing cloudberry.  I am not sure if this caused the problem or not.

I connected to the server via RDP and searched for the client computer backups folder and was able to find it.  It appears that the backups are in there.  If I move the folder out of the pool will my backups show back up?  Is it OK to move them to the system drive?  I have a lot of extra space.