Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Unhealthy Drive each time after deleting file from Pool

edited December 2011 in DrivePool
Any ideas as to why it is doing this? I am deleting videos and usually the next day I come back to find my 2nd drive that I am duplicating to is unhealthy because it failed to duplicate a file I deleted. I then hit repair to re duplicate it and make the drive healthy again and it goes away. It didn't do this before when I deleted files from the pool.

Comments

• It's sound like you have some bad sectors on your drive. Try StableBit Scanner on scanning your drive. It's very nice application. Hope it help.
  • I get this a lot. I don't need to delete files. Adding files causes the same problem.
  • Yea, tried Stablebit Scanner all healthy. It didn't do this today for me though, maybe I was deleting during a server backup or duplication process. Who knows...
  • It doesn't happen right away for me. I normally notice it when I first look at my laptop in the morning and see a red launchpad icon on my laptop.
  • I get unhealthy drives every few days.   It usually happens with video files.    I'm going to just keep repairing for now until M4 comes out.   I doubt Alex will want to fix much more of M3 stuff with the re-design.