Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

YAMJ on Storage Pool

edited December 2011 in DrivePool

When I run YAMJ on for videos (which are on storage pool) and I have these settings checked:

Direct File I/O

Yamj quits when this is enabled ( I need it enabled for Boxee).  When I uncheck it, it runs fine.  My worry is that I do not see this in M4 and I want to know if this is a option that I can turn on and off.  If not had this been changed to things run normally?

Thanks

Comments

• Alex

I just upgraded to M4 and it looks like when I run YAMJ that I now get Java errors.  Here is what it looks like and then it just dies...please help  (this would work on M3 if I unchecked Fast Directory, with fast directory checked I get the same results as in M4).

\Videos\ is the only share on the pool

)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            at com.moviejukebox.tools.ThreadExecutor$ScheduledThread.run(ThreadExecu
    tor.java:114)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied
            at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.unmap0(Native Method)
            at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.access$100(Unknown Source)
            at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$Unmapper.run(Unknown Source)
            ... 15 more

C:\Jukebox\YAMJ>
    C:\Jukebox\YAMJ>

• Solved!!!

I referered to my libraries in library.xml as shares, this was causing the problem.  I changed them to the drive letter that the pool was on and all is good

• Covecube
    I've seen something similar in another scenario. I have it classified as a minor issue. It will be fixed.