Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

DrivePool BETA M4 - Migration test

13»

Comments

• edited January 2012 Covecube
    I set up a stress test with build 5380 where I was copying 800+ GB from another DrivePool server, transcoding on 3 threads, downloading 5MB /s (40 megabits) with uTorrent, and performing a computer backup to the same server.

I let this go on for 24 hours. The backup finished earlier.

At the end, CoveFS was using a whopping 250 KB of RAM and everything was chugging along just file.

The test server was an AMD Phenom II X4 - 3.2 Ghz Quad Core - 4 GB RAM

The secondary server which was serving up the files was an AMD Turion II 1.5 Ghz Dual Core - 2 GB RAM

Both were running DrivePool M4 5380.
  • edited January 2012 Member
    I found a xbox 360 fix that works!!!!!!!!!

Check this out
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-tv/media-center-problem-cannot-load-media-library/fd8bb8a6-888b-4759-b93a-d93610f74811

I applied the method 1) to the drivepool folder M:\Pictures(right click, properties, sharing, added the missing Everyone group!)  ((IN SECURITY TAB))
    I'll do the videos and music next (EDIT yup Videos works now too)

Bam it's showing up!!!! yay finally.   Something must have been migrated wrong from M3.   I'm going to leave the  SECURITY Everyone Read/Execute group set there to get my Xbox 360 working for now.   I understand Alex is working on another related permisionas fix
  • Just tried the 5401 build. Still not possible to rename the "drivepool" disk and still getting the error: "The folder was moved successfully with some errors / Cannot enable shadow copy on the hard drive" when moving a folder to the pool.
  • edited January 2012 Member
    I installed 5401, rebooted.  Then performed a migration.

It migrated my 17TB of data in 1 minute, all seems fine.  I don't have allot of duplicated data and an over powered machine so the migration was super fast.