Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Can't delete old pooled shared folders - M4 5421

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
Migrated from M3 to M4 yesterday.  After I did so I couldn't access any of the pooled shared folders I created under M3. Kept getting some "permission" error.  Therefore I began creating new pooled shared folders and then manually transferred my data from my old pooled folders to the newly created pooled folders.  These now all in their proper "serverfolders" folder on the virtual pool.  Now I'm trying to delete all my older pooled shared folders but they won't delete.  I use the proper "delete folder" tool and it says it was successful but the folders remain in the Dashboard Server Folders tab.  These old pooled shared folders also show up in windows Explorer when I explore my server.

Anyone have any thoughts to get these older pooled shared folders removed?

Comments

• I have the same issue. I went into explorer and deleted them from the C drive, then after a reboot, it said they were missing and I had the option to recreate. It defaulted to the virtual H drive.

I also noticed that the folders show up in the Remote Web Access site in folders, but not in the media folders.
  • Dieharder -

Were you able to delete them after it allowed you to recreate them?  Just wondering if that's what I need to do to get rid of them.
  • edited January 2012 Member
    Yes, I am able to delete the new shares. They are created on the virtual drive. I am not able to delete the default shares since they are mandatory.