Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

5452 causes errors opening the dashboard

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
1. Installed M4 5452 (finally)
2. Completes successfully
3. Attempt to open dashboard and I get memory error 0x006eadfa
4. Restarted server and problem persists although it is a different memory address (different everytime).
5. Followed your advice here http://forum.covecube.com/discussion/comment/1612#Comment_1612
6. Dashboard still does not open.
7. Uninstalled via add programs. Dashboard works again
8. Uninstalled in Dashboard. All reinstalls fail.
9. Reinstalled M3 and is working perfectly.

Anybody else having issues installing M4?

Comments

• Yes I had an issue installing 5452, which seems to have now broken installing any version of M4. I've opened a support case with Alex and provided some install logs, so hopefully he'll figure out what the problem is. Might be worth doing the same. Run an install and let it fail, then locate the two log files:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\StableBit.DrivePool.Server.log
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\InstallAddIn.log

and should have creation times that are identical to when the most recent install failed. 
  • Why not try 5472 instead, it's the latest.
  • I have and unfortunately that doesn't install anymore either. I've also tried all the previous versions of M4 as well, and none of them install - all give the error "the addin could not be installed"
  • edited January 2012 Member
    Yakuza965, I had this proble too. From what I can remember, I went into the registry and deleted  a few registries refering to drivepool. Then after a reboot, I was able to install the addin.
  • I've tried that Dieharder and it does not work. I have a meeting scheduled with Alex tonight to troubleshoot the problem.
  • VanillaXtract - I've had a very similar experience with M4 as you.
    Initial install of M4 5336 over a functioning M3 4331 appeared to work but left a pool drive which was inaccessible via explorer with a 'parameter is incorrect error'. All shares on the pool were inaccessible.
    Having stripped out 5336 and cleared the registry (as far as I could tell) reinstall of 4133 worked.
    Second attempt to reinstall 5336 simply reproduced the previous inaccessible drive via explorer but additionally created an unresponsive dashboard which crashed out after 1-2 minutes.

Cutting to the chase, I finally tracked down the issue to the JMicron JMB363 Controller drivers (1.17.58.2) which have worked fine up until M4. Fresh install of WHS2011 together with JMB363 driver version 1.17.63.01 has created a stable system which happily acepts M4.

I don't know if this is the same cause for you but it might be worth checking out.

Only down-side to his is that installing the newer JMicron driver over the top of the older one didn't resolve the broken pool, I've had to do a complete reinstall of WHS2011, so fair bit of time to reinstate shares from backup.
  • Scrub that - My spell in heaven thinking I'd found a fix was short lived.

System remained stable even following restarts until I powered down the server. On restart the dashboard was still accessible but I lost access to the pool drive and all the shares with 'The parameter is incorrect' message.

Back to the drawing board for me!

• edited February 2012 Member
    @MarkS I had some serious hiccups/slowness issues and updating the JMicron drivers worked for me. I don't have the same problem as you though, so I can't help you there. But thanks for being the catalyst to fixing mine! :)