Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

New build M4 5536

edited January 2012 in DrivePool
Just in case you don't follow the twitter feed: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool

Alex, can we start getting changelogs for these builds? I notice that the frequency is increasing steadily and I would like to gauge for myself if it is worth the risk in upgrading.

Comments

• Changelog is in the wiki as well, just under the link to the file.
  • Oh! Well that's embarrassing. :)
  • Mind you, it would be nice if the Change log had the date the build was released against the build number.
  • Maybe not the place for this, but I just installed my first copy of drivepool and I am already soooooooo happy. I had tried drive bender and for a non-tech type like me, just did not work. I had to rebuild my 2011 server after I was done. This works so good and seamlessly and integrates so well with the WHS 2011 dashboard, I have no issues using it. Release M4 5536 is a dream so far and I will be buying this software.

KCJACK
  • Also no update feature on the M4 version that I can see. You need to add that back in somewhere. :)
  • Release 5536 was my first upgrade from M3, the migration from M3 to M4 was smooth and problem free. Nearly 6TB of data in many folders, some duplication, all there and working without a glitch. Great work Alex, thank you.
  • 5536 is the first build in a long time that I'm having trouble with. Upgrading from 5472 it failed to install and when I try to install it again I get an error saying that this version is already installed. Even a server snapshot restore couldn't fix that.
  • An early observation.  Build 5452 was working flawlessly for files, audio and video. I loaded build 5536 two
    days ago  and have experienced sporadic issues with the video.  When accessing remotely, It will start to play a video and then fail about 30 seconds into the video. Once this happens, I am not able to start another video or even access the media folder without the error message. It is the standard message about what file types windows supports.  I went back to build 5452 and all is good again.