Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

5449 an Server Alerts

edited January 2012 in DrivePool

Alex

Ever since I installed the last update and am getting "No Data"  with a red down area where the alerts should be in dashboard.  Any idease?

Comments

• Its crashing Windows Server Health service...
  • The same thing happened to me.  You can restart the service in Windows Task Manager.  It's listed as Windows Server Health Service.
  • I submitted a ticket on this, so hopefully Alex can fix the bug.

• Yeah I did the same thing...I think it is also stopping Windows Server DNS Manager as well.
  • My DNS Manager is down too.  Did you send a ticket on that error?
  • BS540 no I didnt not...would you mind filling one out.

Also...does your server seem sluggish after this build?  I swear mine feels like its bogging down.  Not sure.

• Haven't noticed it running any slower, but my machine isn't that fast anyway.

I'll update my ticket to include the DNS issue.
  • This is still happening on 5452 just installed and both

Windows Server Domain Name Management

Windows Server Health Service

They are being stopped

• This is still happening on 5452 just installed and both

Windows Server Domain Name ManagementWindows Server Health Service They are being stopped 
    Alex pointed out that my Client Computer Backups had been moved to the pool.  After moving them out of the pool I stopped getting the Alerts Crash.  But, my DNS is still messed up.
  • My cliet backups are not on the pool.  I only have one share (Videos) on the pool
  • edited January 2012 Member
    I was able to stop the warnings and stabilize the services by reconfiguring the Service properties.  Here's how I did it.

1. Open Server Manager
    2. Double Click "Configuration"
    3. Double Click "Services
    4. Find "Windows Server Health Service", and double click it
    5. Click "Recovery" tab
    6. Under "Subsequent failures:", change "Take No Action" to "Restart the Service"
    7. Change "Reset fail count after:" from 0 to 3
    8. Click OK
    Repeat steps 4-8 for the "Windows Server Domain Name Management" service

Mine has been stable for several days now, even with the last to beta updates.

• Ale figured it out on mine.  I had installed Live essentials and then removed.  this caused the problem.  Reinstall a portion of windows live and it will fix this.

• That must have been the problem with mine too.  I was playing with Live Sync, but decided to uninstall it.

Thanks!  To bad I already did a fresh install of WHS2011.  That fixed it too ;-)
  • Just installed the latest WHS 2011 Rollup and now the Health Service is crashing no me to.