Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

M4: Drives in Pool labeling issue

edited February 2012 in DrivePool
I recently had to replace one of the drives in my pool due to failure.  On the Pool tab my pool is now listed as:

Pool 1 (Disk 2)
Pool 2 (Disk 1)
Pool 3 (Disk 3)
Pool 4 (Disk 5)
Pool 5 (Disk 5)

with Pool 5 the replacement drive.  Any idea why Disk 5 would be listed for Pool 4 and Pool 5?  In the Disk Management utility, my drives are listed as  D1/P2, D2/P1, D3/P3, D4/P4, and D5/P5.  I've tried renaming my drives within Disk Management, but Pool 4 and Pool 5 are always attached to the same disk inside the WHS dashboard.

Comments

• I am also having a similar problem to this. I replaced one of my drives that failed, but when I added the new drive into the pool, I now have two drives labeled (Disk 2). Any ideas on why this happens or if it's an issue?
    I have the same issue, but I am wondering if the is an function of having multiple sata controllers on a motherboard and the port you have it connected to?
  • edited March 2012 Resident Guru
    Sounds like a bug. Can you report it to Alex via http://stablebit.com/contact ?
  • I managed to resolve this when attempting to solve another issue.  I had to roll back to a previous release as I was not able to write to a duplicated share (Alex has since fixed this), but the process of rolling back solved the problem.  Somewhere in the configuration data, wires were crossed and drives were not labeled correctly.

So this is what I did (you don't have to rollback, reinstalling ought to fix the problem)...

1. Uninstall DrivePool.
    2. Delete C:\Program Data\DrivePool (not sure of the exact name).
    3. Reboot.
    4. Reinstall DrivePool
    5. Reboot.
    6. Check the drive assignments/labeling.  Should be ok now.

You will not lose any data and DP will reconstruct the pool with the existing drives.

Has anyone tried SilverRubicons solution?  My drives still are mislabled but i am not sure i want to try this solution.