Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Pie charts in Server Folders

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
Hello Alex,

I am using version 5843. There are 6 drives in the pool. All folders are
pooled except client computer backups. As from now it works fine and is
very stable.

One strange thing: In "Server Folders and Hard Drives / Server Folders"
when you look at one folder, you get a pie chart and infos on the disks
where the data are stored. But for some folders, not empty, there are no
pie charts and, time to time only the mention of a disk , volume used
but no other info.

Is it normal?

Olivier

Comments

• edited March 2012 Resident Guru
    Hmm. Confirmed. I've just checked my own setup, and it's doing the same thing on (and only on) shares that are in the form "pooldrive:\ServerFolders\share" while those that are in the form of "notpooldrive:\ServerFolders\share" or "anydrive:\share" work properly.

I'll pass this on to Alex.
  • Covecube
    Thanks for the report.

@Shane:
    I've checked a few test servers and I did find some blank pies but I don't see a clear pattern like on your system.

On one server, a server that was migrated from M3, a non-pooled folder had a blank pie.

On another server that was manually migrated from WHS v1, a few pooled folders were blank. But this is probably because I was messing about with the pool parts underneath.

I'll rebuild my index and see if this continues.

To rebuild your index, log into the server using remote desktop as Administrator, Click start, type "Indexing options", open Indexing options.

Then, click Advanced, Rebuild.

This may take some time if you have a lot of files.
  • Thanks Alex,

I also do not see any specific differences between folders with or without pie charts. I will try the rebuild and keep you informed
  • Not directly about the pie-charts, but the bar chart showing how much space a share use on each physical disk. On large disks and small shares the bars are barely visible. Instead of showing in % how much of a disk is used I'd like the option to show the usage distribution of the disks. So that the total is 100% and it's divided in 20% on disk, 40% another disk and 20% a third disk etc.
  • Resident Guru
    The index rebuild appears to have worked for my shares. Pie charts are now displayed.
  • It solved the problem for me too. By the way, for "empty" folders, it could be nice to have something indicating it, like a "empty" pie for example
  • ver 5888 did not fix the issue. Rebuilding ongoing ;)