Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Beta tester discount

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
I'm just curious if anyone has any extra discounts for beta testing that they would be willing to share? At the end of the Scanner 1.0 beta Alex said testers who submitted multiple bug reports would receive multiple discount codes, which they were then free to give away if they liked.

So, I was hoping the same applies this time around and someone would help me out. Yeah, I should have found something to report myself, but I didn't have anything go wrong that wasn't already known, and too late for that now anyway.

I'm actually looking to get both DrivePool and Scanner, and the half price deal sounded pretty attractive. Maybe the same will be offered at the end of Scanner 2.0 beta?

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Currently (well, last I knew, which was just yesterday) if you buy DrivePool you get emailed a discount for 50% off Scanner.
  • Or you could pay Alex the whopping $20 for the software, his pricing is extremely reasonable in comparison to the other crap drive pooling solution.
  • "in comparison to the other crap drive pooling solution."

Said with such feeling, but oh so true. There is no comparison on ease of use, there is no comparison on price
    :)
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying his product isn't worth the price he's asking. Maybe $20 is no big deal for you, but for many people, especially these days, that's not the case. At least I'm trying to scrape together some money to pay for the product. Many people don't even do that, so please don't chastise me for trying to do the right thing.
  • , so please don't chastise me for trying to do the right thing.

Not really sure where anyone had done that!
  • edited March 2012 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying his product isn't worth the price he's asking. Maybe $20 is no big deal for you, but for many people, especially these days, that's not the case. At least I'm trying to scrape together some money to pay for the product. Many people don't even do that, so please don't chastise me for trying to do the right thing.
    If $20 is hard to justify and come by, having a dedicated server for whatever reason shouldn't be a priority.  You should consider it selling it and putting the money away for more important things.

Just saying...
  • Sorry daveyboy37, I meant DrTone, not you. Maybe I was being a bit sensitive. It just struck a nerve when someone tells me to pay the full price, as if such a possibility had never occurred to me. The reason I'm looking for a discount is because money is a concern. While DrTone might intend to support Alex, if I don't buy it then it's worse than if I had just paid half price.

I do appreciate the comment about 50% off Scanner with a purchase. You were trying to help, so I appreciate that.
  • Resident Guru
    Okay, I've looked into this. The current round of DP beta-testing discount codes weren't designed to be transferable; the facility may happen (or not) in a future update, but the current codes require manual oversight.

TransientTRP, please check your private messages. Alex has agreed to transfer my discount to you. Just remember to pass the karma onwards when money's less tight. :)
  • Thanks Shane and Alex, I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to let others know about the benefits of DP and Scanner and hopefully as a result send a few more purchases your way.
  • edited March 2012 Member
    Morning :)

I bought DrivePool for $20 (£13 UKP) 

discount ? emm Yep I put in 3-4 BSOD dumps but $20 !!! Cheap as chips.

I am interested in the discount on Scanner, do you receive another email or something with a 50% or so off ?

Blue 
  • edited March 2012 Resident Guru
    Hi BlueFishey, you should get an email for a 50% discount off your next purchase (e.g. Scanner). You might have to wait a couple of days for it to show up, apparently the mail server that handles them got a little choked up. :)
  • No problem mate 

Rock ON !

Will wait and then buy scanner :)

Blue
  • Or you could pay Alex the whopping $20 for the software, his pricing is extremely reasonable in comparison to the other crap drive pooling solution.
    Quoted for truth
    When you have betatestet the program for some time and have submitted suggestion on the forum, will that be eligable to a discount:)?