Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

client backup errors with backup folder on the pool

edited March 2012 in DrivePool
After updating to Beta 5888 got the dreaded client backup error. Could not repair the backups while on the pool, had to move them back to an actual hard drive. This had been working with Betas 5842 & 5870 with no errors at all. The only change made to the server was the StableBit update. Also seems to have had an adverse effort on transfer speeds as well. Past transfers ran consistently smooth averaging 75 - 90 MB/sec. Now it runs 30 - 50 MB/s with numerous pauses. Again the only change has been the updated Beta. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

I updated to beta 5888 but didn't have any issue with the backups being in the pool. What I experienced is decrease performance in transfer speeds. In previous builds, I don't recall having transfer speed issues. I was even surprised with the transfer speed from the pool. But now it's another story, it's almost unusable with 3 - 5 Mb/s. It takes forever to copy a 2 Gb movie into the pool, while it takes few seconds outside. Any clue?
  • I'm also having this problem 5933, freshly setup server. Initial backup went OK but now each computer won't start and cannot repair the database . . .
  • OK, rolled back to 5870 and now the backups are running fine . . .