Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

A Thank You

edited May 2011 in DrivePool
   I personally would just like to thank Alex and the team for all the effort they are putting in.
Drivepool seems to really now be taking shape. For me personally my main requirement was to have my WDTV live see a single folder of MKV's about 9TB and growing fast. Drivepool is already offering that, so im a happy bunny.Also the advancement in features and stability achieved over a short period of time is quite astounding. So well done guys and keep up the good work.
   Oh there was one thing i wonderered about.
After i created a pool of three drives, i then created a server folder called movies. Within the serverpoolpart a folder appeared called Movies.1 ..... but only on one of the three drives. Now i dont know if that should have been the case so i created a Movies.1 folder on the other two drives in the pool. I then spread the MKV's randomly within  the Movies.1 folder. The WDTV live immediately recognised the folder and all the movies were listed.So i was just curious as to whether the creation of the movies folder should have created a movies.1 folder on all three Serverpartpools. Anyway only a slight niggle, so thanks again.

Comments

• Make sure you enable show hidden files and folders on the drives and it should show up
  • Show hidden files and folders is already checked. No big deal anyway. I plan on reinstalling the server soon as im having other issues at the moment such as constantly getting Computer Monitoring Error for all the connected devices.
  • Strange

It shows up in mine when checked and disappears when unchecked.

• Covecube
       I personally would just like to thank Alex and the team for all the effort they are putting in...
    Thank you! Much appreciated :)
       Oh there was one thing i wonderered about.
    After i created a pool of three drives, i then created a server folder called movies. Within the serverpoolpart a folder appeared called Movies.1 ..... but only on one of the three drives. ...

DrivePool will maintain at least one copy of a folder for non-duplicated shares and at least two copies of a folder for duplicated shares. There may be more copies created as needed.

Folders take up a small amount of space in the directory index portion of the MFT (the metadata of NTFS). It should be negligible.