Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Alert in WHS: One or more new hard drives are connected to the server

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
Hello,

I keep on getting the below message for two of my drives even though they show up in the pool and I can access the data without any issues.  If I reboot the server they message will sometimes go away but it always comes back and always for the same two drives. Here's the message:

One or more new hard drives are connected to the server

The following new hard drives are available for data storage or for Server Backup:
WDC WD20EARS-00S8B1 SCSI Disk Device
WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 SCSI Disk Device

Any ideas?  I'm running the most recent BETA release.

Comments

• Resident Guru
    That looks like a WHS error message, not from DrivePool? Try checking your Dashboard alerts (the red/yellow/blue icons to the upper right)?
  • I got this before I had set up server backup.  Once I did that and ignored/deleted the alerts a couple of times they went away.   Definitely WHS messages.   My guess was that since WHS doesn't see the disks being used (a share isn't directly on the disks) it wants you to you know that you can do something with them.   Makes sense to a point.   Simply an annoyance that will eventually go away if you are persistent.  :-)

• Yeah it is a WHS message.  It's not really an error as it shows up in the Alert Viewer as an "Informational Alert". My server backup is setup on a different drive.  Both of these drives are part of the pool and both of them are 80%-ish full with data from the pool.
  • Resident Guru
    I suspect dvdluvver's right then (WHS isn't seeing that the disks are being used). In the Alert Viewer, can you tell it to ignore the alert?
  • Yeah I can but I thought there might be an actual cause for it in DrivePool and wanted to see if it can be resolved.