Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Get data into pool from old folders after removing drivebender

edited April 2012 in DrivePool
So I have seven 3TB drives all part of my pool now, and about 16TB of data on them in the old folders left over from Drivebender.  

I've been doing some digging trying to find some good tools to merge the seven various files into the single pool location, since I have movie folders duplicated across all the drives, with various files from each "master" on each individual drive (i.e. the backdrops, MKV file, NFO's, etc).

I'm about 3/4 of the way through simply moving all the data from the individual drives to the pool drive letter, and right now each drive I’m just moving all the data to a temp folder named for each drive, so I have multiple temp folders, all with music, photos, movies, movieshd, movies3d, etc folders, and in those folders, all the various bits of data.  This way I can get all the files "in the pool" to start getting things put together the way they need to be.

Is there any good tool out there to merge things?  I've had some bad luck in the past simply moving files like this to an existing location and having it replace something rather than just merging, or deleting files that weren't duplicated because it replaced the contents with what was "incoming", whether or not similar named files existed  in the target location.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

Comments

• Just went the "copy them to the pool folder" route on each drive, letting the files stay split as they were in drivebender...  We'll see how it goes, tomorrow I should be able to start testing now and see how this compares to drivebender, and if the issues I had with DB are not issues with drive pool.
  • Resident Guru
    Hi John, just to note you've posted in the BitFlock forum rather than the DrivePool forum. You can change this by clicking Edit on your first post in the discussion thread and changing the category from BitFlock to DrivePool.
  • Thanks!  Sorry bout that!
    Fixed it.