Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

haneWIN NFS Server

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
Have anyone have installed and used haneWIN NFS Server with DP? I have a problem on stream movies on my Boxee Box.

Comments

What is the benefit from using haneWIN NFS over the built-in NFS support of Windows? I'm using NFS on the WHS to be able to backup vmware esxi vm's to the WHS. I just installed the NFS server role and configured a folder as a NFS share.

Simply to setup and worked just fine. Never testet with Boxee Box though. I just use normal SMB share and as long as I don't try 1080p movies that works fine. I'm connecting via WiFi anyhow and 720p plays fine without any buffering.
    SMB share won't work well on BD movies. I did try NFS on the WHS but I can't find NFS sharing tab on share folders under DP dirve and it's only show on physial drives. How do you enable NFS sharing on DP's share folder?  With haneWIN NFS server, I am able to setup share folder on DP drive but I have a problem streaming movies. Thanks in advance.
    The folder I chose to share via NFS was not part of the pool. So you are probably correct that you cannot NFS-share a DP folder. Have you tried changing the advanced settings to make DF report as native NTFS drive? Perhaps you can share via NFS then.