Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

New Beta fails to install

edited May 2012 in DrivePool
Hi Alex,

Have tried installing the newest build a few times (One as upgrade, one as clean install) and keep getting Add-in cannot be installed.

Do you require any logs for this?

Comments

I had the same issue with it.  Rolled back the the production version.
  • Yep, me too...tried upgrade as well as clean...
  • i have the same issue, i cant even revert back to the production version.

Although i see my drive and everything but nothing under the addin to see.

Any ideas?

Uninstall Drive Pool
    Delete C:\Program Files\Stablebit
    (If you dont run scanner)
    Reinstall 6091 BETA

Pool will be retained and continue as before - Just be careful while you have drivepool uninstalled under some circumstances the drivepool drive will still show in my computer but be unreadable.

Windows will prompt you to format it if you try to open in this situation (Yes i nearly clicked the button :P)

• I cant see the folder C:\Program Files\Stablebit

Plus i can only download the latest beta and dont have the older version anymore.

Still got the same issue.

• all sorted, had to reboot server.

Once rebooted i managed to install the stable version.

Will wait what other says with regards to the latest beta install and whether it is still an issue.

thanks.

• I just tried to upgrade to the latest beta. It failed also for me
  • Mmmmm Strange. After the failed install, I restarted the server. When I look at the Add-In tab, it says : StableBit DrivePool 1.0.6131 And when I look at the bottom of the StableBit DrivePool tab, it says 1.0.2.6091(BETA)
    Yep same thing that happened to me, however your drive pool service isn't updated to the new version (Modified dates on anything in the above folder stay the same as the last upgrade)

Best to go back to 6091 if you have the installer

(I keep all the installers in a folder incase i need to roll back, right back to M2 :))
    All the installers are here still also.  Just change the download url to the version you need.  See change log for version number.
  • RobRob
    Any solution yet? Better to wait for a fixed release?

Current release 6232 can be installed without problems, I ran into the same problems with 6131.

• I installed 6232, rebooted and then I was unable to open the dashboard. So I uninstalled, rebooted and tried again and the installer tells me its already installed. If I try an older version it tells me a newer version is installed so I'm a bit stuffed :P

I tried deleting the stablebit folders as well in program files and program data but it did not help.
  • Managed to get it reinstalled, even though I uninstalled it, there was still a reference to drivepool in the add-in tab.

Now my licence wont work grrr. Time to contact Alex