Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

BSOD with Nod32 Antivirus

edited July 2011 in DrivePool
I just installed Nod32 Antivirus on my server. I previously had Drivepool running for around a week with no issues. but now every-time I start the server it BSOD after about a minute, disabling Nod32 fixes the issue.

Comments

• Ah that might explain why my server just did the same thing, I'll try disabling nod and installing again to see if that was the problem.
  • Well that confirmed it, NOD32 Business Edition and Build 1919 dont play well together.
    I tried contacting ESET but they didn't really look into it since my license is a home license and they don't support server. They might take it more seriously if someone with a business license contacts them.
  • Covecube
    If you upload a dump file we can probably fix it on our end.

Instructions:

Thanks,
  • I've uploaded the crash dump (well I've tried to). The file uploaded but the script on the page never finished saying uploading. Can you check to see if you got it, if not I'll try one more time.

you can very easily reproduce this issue in house if you download the trail version of nod32.

That might be a lot easier to work with than a crash dump. That way you could verify your fix too.
  • Covecube
    I've uploaded the crash dump (well I've tried to). The file uploaded but the script on the page never finished saying uploading. Can you check to see if you got it, if not I'll try one more time.

Dump looks good, thanks for the upload.

Sorry about the long response time, trying to get BETA M3 out. We'll be concentrating 100% on bug fixes once M3 is out the door.

Just after a cursory look at at the dump, it looks like it's crashing at fastfat!FatInitializeVcb. Which basically means that it's trying to mount a FAT volume! Strange that it's crashing there since DrivePool has absolutely nothing to do with FAT. NOD32 is probably somehow redirecting the pool mount command to FAT. I will of course look into it in more detail.
  • Covecube
    you can very easily reproduce this issue in house if you download the trail version of nod32.

That might be a lot easier to work with than a crash dump. That way you could verify your fix too.
    Thanks, will try it.
  • any updates, were you able to reproduce and/or fix this issue?
  • Covecube
    No updates yet. Watch the change log, I will let you know if I need any more info.

Sometimes these things take longer. It's just that right now there is an influx of issues that need to be dealt with.
  • Covecube

Installed NOD32 with the latest internal build. Don't see any issues so far.
  • Just tried with 3267 and no BSOD so far, will update again in a few days.
  • edited June 2012 Member
    Just wanted to confirm folks that folks are still having good luck with NOD32?  Newegg has version 4 for $20, and then you get a free upgrade to 5 from ESET,  before I pull the trigger, just want to confirm it's working for everyone.
  • I'm running NOD32 (version 5.2.9.1) and DP 1.0.6234. I do get some bsods. Perhaps once a month, but I cannot say if it's NOD, DP or something else entirely since I'm running a whole lot of stuff on my server (including web sites, ssh, minecraft server, dropbox, sql server express, weather station software and so on).
  • thanks, I put my order in today.

As side note, you have a lot going on with your server. 
  • edited June 2012 Member
    @dbailey75: I know :) I came across a used rack-server with a quad core CPU, lots of ram and 6 TB disk that I managed to purchase very cheap. It even came with a UPS. As I had an old HP MediaSmart running WHS1 I was already sold on WHS so I installed WHS 2011 on the new server and have been adding services to it since :)

On a side note since I do not have a proper server rack so it's laying on a wooden book shelf in a booth in the basement where the noise is no problem. 
  • edited July 2012 Member
    Is everyone still having success with Nod32 and drivepool?  I just installed Nod32 AV 5 and ran a scan and checked the log.  It appears that it cannot get access to the root directory of any of the drives or any of the files on the drives.
    Is there something I need to change to get it to work properly?
  • It does complain that it cannot open some files (pagefile, SQL server database and other files that I know is in use), but not the boot sector of the disks, they are scanned fine.