Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Latest beta installed fine (1.0.6234) but ...............

edited June 2012 in DrivePool

now I'm seeing all my disks being accessed approximately once per second. When I look at Resource Monitor I see many instances of vds.exe, all reading at around 2.5Kb/s. This doesn't stop, apparently ever! Anyone got any ideas? I'm running WHS 2011 on an Intel i7 machine with 8x2TB drives in the pool on USB3.0

1.0.6232 didnt exhibit this behavior

Comments

• I've just seen the same thing but it does not do it all the time for me (takes about 20% cpu as well). Have you got stablebit scanner installed as I've just removed it to see if it was causing the problem. Will report back.
  • No, I dont use Scanner. Like you, it doesnt happen all the time, but at least 3 times out of 4 following a restart I see this behavior. If I turn on the trace facility I see the following line appear every second or so ..

"DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Disks] Updating disks / volumes..."

• If I set Verbose on the trace level I see the following once per second

"DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Disks] Updating disks / volumes...
    DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Ipc] Getting service state...
    DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Ipc] Service state=Running.
    DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Ipc] Getting service state...
    DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [Ipc] Service state=Running.
    DrivePool.Service.exe Information: 0 : [CoveFsPool] Clear pool mode: PoolModeMissingDisk"

Does this help or give some clues??

Who are you talking to?

You need to submit a support ticket, Alex doesn't necessarily monitor every thread in this forum.