Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Full Access on Guest account M2 Build

edited May 2011 in DrivePool

I have set my pooled folders to have full access on the guest account (via stablebit on dashboard) but cannot delete files from this folder logged into the guest account.

Is this a bug with stablebit or a permiisions issue with windows?

Comments

• Covecube
    I'm going to look into this and will let you know.
  • edited May 2011 Covecube
    Just verified that Guest account does indeed work with build 1627.

This is what I've done:

• Create a new un-duplicated share on the pool with only Guest having full access, everyone else no access.
    • I enabled the guest account on the WHS Dashboard.
    • I then booted from a clean VM of Windows 7 that has never seen the server.
    • I was able to open the share and place files in it and then delete them.

You can always look at the actual shared folders under C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders and tweak the permissions there.
  • edited May 2011 Member

Hi Alex

I am still having problems with this.

I have created a pooled folder called MyVideos with full access. When I try and delete a file from my mediaplayer (HDI Dune MAX) I get a permission error. If I try and delete a file from the Videos folder that the server already creates as part of the install I can delete the file? Permissions on the folder in C:\ServerPool\ServerFolders are all ticked.

• Covecube
    Could be a compatibility problem with HDI Dune MAX.

Will test.
  • Hi Alex

Have you been able to test this?

• Covecube
    Since this is a permission error, I've put this on the M3 todo list. M3 revamps permissions so it makes sense that this issue might not exist in that build.

I haven't gotten around to testing M3 issues, it's still being put together.

It will definitely be tested before the M3 release.
  • This is fixed on M3