Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Permissions trouble after OS install

edited September 2012 in DrivePool
Hello all.

I've reinstalled WHS 2011 (without following the instructions in the user guide) and now I am struggling with permissions issues.

After a reboot all drives and shared folders were missing, subsequent reboots did bring them back
I thought by reinstalling DP it would fix things but I kept getting an error saying "The add-in cannot be installed on this server"
After several hours of searching I decided to reinstall the OS.
Once the install was complete and WHS was completely updated I restored the shares using the wss utility. I also reset the pool permissions using the utility then set the permission on each share under the server folder tab in the Dash Board.
I rebooted the server then tried to create a folder in one of the shares and it tells me I do not have permissions to do so. This is the case with any of the folders in the pool.

Any ideas?   Thanks much.

Comments

• edited October 2012 Resident Guru
    Hi Mike, can you launch a Command Prompt on the server as the Administrator and try the following command?

takeown /f p:\* /a /r /d y | findstr /b /v "SUCCESS:" | findstr "."

(where p: is the pool's drive letter)

It should (only) report any errors. If you have a big pool, it may take a long time to do anything besides blink the cursor. If it doesn't report any before it finishes, try the utility [link] to reset the permissions again, use the Dashboard to set them to what they should be again, and see if you can then create folders/files. Please let us know how it goes.