Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Swapping Smaller Drive for Larger

edited October 2012 in DrivePool
I finally decide to upgrade from WHS v1 to WHS 2011. I was wondering what are the appropriate steps if I where to swap a smaller hard drive with a larger hard drive? With WHS v1 you would select the drive and do "remove drive" and it would shift around the files and eventually let you remove the drive. I was wondering if the steps where similar? I have 2 1TB hard drives that I would like to upgrade to 2TB drives.

thanks

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Hi, yes, DrivePool works the same way.
  • In fact, it has a "skip duplication files" to hasten the removal. Though, it means some files are not duplicated that normally would be, til it copies those files to another drive.
  • So for instance if I go to the the "Server Folders and Hard Drives" section in the Dashboard and go to the Pool tab. I would select the drive that I want to swap out and do "Remove drive from the pool?" When I do that it will shuffle the files around to the other drives?

• Resident Guru
    It will move pooled files to the other drives. Non-pooled files (i.e. if you have put files on that drive by means other than via the pool) will not be moved and will remain on the drive.

If you choose to skip immediate duplication, it will still make sure that at least one other drive still in the pool has the files.
  • That is what I wanted to hear. Thanks everyone for clearing the air on my question.