Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Windows 7 64bit DrivePool 2 problem removing Drive from pool

edited February 2013 in DrivePool
For early BETA the interface is quite good.

I was able to setup a pool of 3 drives OK and copied files in and out no problems.

I was unable to remove a pooled drive.

I click Remove, says remove next to the drive and the bar at the bottom says measuring but the drive still seems to be in the pool.

I only trusted a small  amount of non important data to check operation but would like to remove the drive.

Comments

• Covecube
    Removing a drive should cancel all other lower priority tasks and start the removal immediately (including measuring).

If there is another removal in progress on the same pool, then it will queue up the new removal request. But you would have seen that in the UI.

I've noticed that there is some kind of responsiveness issue with those links, once in a while you click and it doesn't take.

Try clicking it again, if that doesn't work do a reboot.

Let me know what happens.
  • I rebooted the computer and got an email saying drive missing and in DrivePool it shows the disk is missing. It is no returned to non pooled.

What should I try now.

Thanks
  • I clicked on remove the missing drive from the pool and it is ok.

So remove drive and you then need to reboot.

Next the drive shows up as disconnected in the pool but not available in Non Pooled.

Click on remove drive in the pool a second time and it works.

I guess that is a bug, I had 3 drives in the pool if that helps.
  • Covecube
    Right. Sounds like something went wrong there.

I'll try to reproduce.