Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

moving files from an unpooled drive

edited April 2013 in DrivePool
Hi can I move files from a drive that hasn't been added to the pool and justpur them on a drive that has been added or do they need to be added to the drivepool drive

Comments

• Covecube
    Ideally, you'd want to move the to the drive pool drive, but it should recognize them if you put them into the hidden "PoolPart" folder.  You may need to remeasure/reindex the pool if you do that, before they'll show up.
    THanks Drashna seems to be working okay

Robert
  • Ideally, you'd want to move the to the drive pool drive, but it should recognize them if you put them into the hidden "PoolPart" folder.  You may need to remeasure/reindex the pool if you do that, before they'll show up.
    I tried this mid 2012 and it worked for me, good to know the slipping direct into hidden folder trick still works.
    (to save time)