Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Scanner reporting wrong date completed after scanning drives

edited May 2013 in Scanner
Running Drivepool and Scanner. Have SSD and 3 x 3TB WD Red Drives.  I last initiated a scan of all drives back on 4/22/13.  All drives checked out Healthy. Got the message that "The entire surface of the hard disk was checked for problems and was found to be defect free as of 4/22/2013 10:52:13AM"

Since it had been basically 30 days and I was at home from work today I just initiated Scanner this morning just so I could watch it run today.  It ran and everything showed Healthy for all disks, but strangely instead of reporting today's date 5/22/2013 it stated "...found to be defect free as of 4/23/2013 3:00:00AM"  Does anyone have any idea why this would be? I do know the automated scan was set to only run between 3AM-6AM which might have something to do with the 3:00:00AM time Scanner was reporting.  Is this a bug I need to report?  

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2013 Member
    Ran another scan just to see. This time reported 5/22/13 for the SSD drive with the time of day I started the scan yesterday so it seemed to correct itself.  But when it ran a scan for the first of the three   3TB WD Red HDDs when finished it said "The entire surface of the hard disk was checked for problems and was found to be defect free as of 4/24/2013 3:00:00AM"  So once it again it just added/incremented by one day to what it was telling me yesterday when it said 4/23/2013 3:00:00AM.
  • edited May 2013 Member
    Trying to send a support ticket on this but the ReCAPTCHA validator keeps throwing an error on me.... :(

• Covecube
    @mar2k:

We've had some down time on our primary stablebit.com server and had to fall back to our backup. It might be that the contact form captcha wasn't working during that time.

Sorry about that.

Everything should be back up and running normally now.

----

The date that you're referring to is actually the "Oldest scanned block" on the drive. The newest BETAs have changed the wording of that text because it has caused some confusion in the past.

In addition, we are now coloring the blocks differently depending on when they were scanned last. (For more see: http://blog.covecube.com/2013/04/stablebit-scanner-2-4-0-beta/)

The StableBit Scanner will only re-scan a sector if it's older than the re-scan interval (which is 30 days by default).

So what you're seeing is probably normal.