Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Status of BETA M3

Comments

• Covecube
    Around $20 - $30 USD. Similar price as the Scanner.

The M4 changes might be rolled into a separate "Pro" version depending on the final performance numbers.
  • Is the binary being released today?
  • Around $20 - $30 USD. Similar price as the Scanner.

The M4 changes might be rolled into a separate "Pro" version depending on the final performance numbers.
    sounds fair......count me in. Now get that M3 out....lol
  • M3 released
  • updated and installed but I am having some issues
  • Wow!! that's a good news that its released!!

what kind of issues you got?
  • Covecube
    It's out!

It was a ton of work. I really appreciate all the kind sentiments and the encouragement that I've received from all the beta testers. I hope we can make this live up to people's expectations.

This is not the end, but just a beginning of a beautiful thing...
  • Alex, thank you for making this happen!

However, I have some troubles. Immediately after upgrading to M3 I cannot access my shares from remote computer anymore. I see those shares, but I get an error when I try to open them. Tried a restart, but it didn't help.
  • Covecube
    Check the permissions on the folders to make sure they got migrated properly. If not, just reset them.

What's the error exactly?
  • Check the permissions on the folders to make sure they got migrated properly. If not, just reset them.

What's the error exactly?
    I checked share permission and those look like to be fine. 
    Alex could you provide instructions of how to properly setup permissions?

Can't recall the error message exactly,  will post exact screen shot by the end of today. It looks like to be permission denied error.
  • Covecube
    I checked share permission and those look like to be fine. 
    Alex could you provide instructions of how to properly setup permissions?

Can't recall the error message exactly,  will post exact screen shot by the end of today. It looks like to be permission denied error.
    Simply select the folder in the Dashboard's DrivePool tab and click View the folder properties, then go to the Permissions tab.

Make sure the user permissions are set properly.
  • edited July 2011 Member
    Yeah, those permissions are set properly but still cannot access any shares.... :(
  • edited July 2011 Covecube
    Yeah, those permissions are set properly but still cannot access any shares.... :(
    Lets do remote access support. Can you open a case @ http://stablebit.com/contact
  • Those are errors I seen in log file:

DrivePool.Service.exe Warning 0 [FolderLinks] Error propagating security attributes. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service 2011-07-27 07:00:56Z 2983015550778

DrivePool.Service.exe Warning 0 [CoveWhsFsOperations] GetFileSecurity - Error 0xC0000022 (type=, , , len=512, desiredAccess=00100081) 2011-07-27 07:11:32Z 871536031
    DrivePool.Service.exe Warning 0 [CoveWhsFsOperations] GetFileSecurity - Error 0xC0000022 (type=, , , len=512, desiredAccess=00100081) 2011-07-27 07:11:32Z 871537757
    DrivePool.Service.exe Warning 0 [CoveWhsFsOperations] GetFileSecurity - Error 0xC0000022 (type=, , , len=512, desiredAccess=00100081) 2011-07-27 07:11:32Z 871539361
    DrivePool.Service.exe Warning 0 [CoveWhsFsOperations] GetFileSecurity - Error 0xC0000022 (type=, , , len=512, desiredAccess=00100081)
  • edited July 2011 Member
    Hi Rubenhak and Alex,

Was there any updates on this issue? I was having the same problem after upgrading to M3. Folder permissions seem to be set correctly and M2 was working fine. Even creating new shares gave me the same error.

Trying it today though, I can access the shares, but no files are shown. Going to "c:\ServerPool\ServerFolders.Mount\" and accessing the shares there show the data correctly.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: A simple restart of the service has taken care of the missing files. Not sure why my permissions bug was magically fixed though!

EDIT2: Missing files problem keeps on coming back. Also viewing the shares from any computer other than my laptop gives the permissions error: 

"\\FILESERVER\Videos refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have moved to a different location"

Non-pooled shares work fine.
  • Around $20 - $30 USD. Similar price as the Scanner.

Yeah i think thats a good idea to pay a little extra for a few bells and whistles! :-). Personally Im only using drivepool to pool my HD Movies for my WDTV. BUT....i will certainly buy the pro version regardless of whether i need those extra features.Its the least i can do in return for you guys making WHS2011 a pleasure to use
  • Covecube
    Hi Rubenhak and Alex,

Was there any updates on this issue? 

Non-pooled shares work fine.
    I haven't seen a consistent case for disappearing shares. Every case seems to be unique and involves external factors, like another app.

I'd like to help you. Can you please open a support case @ http://stablebit.com/contact if you haven't done already.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to log into your server and take a look at the situation. I will provide instructions.
  • I've already opened a support case. Remotely accessing my server is no problem.

I've found an issue, not sure if it's been encountered before.

I had a 2tb drive in a pool with the Videos folder moved to it. I had a bit more than 120gb of data in the pool. I added a 120gb drive to the pool and turned on duplication. Obviously I got an error about not enough space for duplication during pool updating. I have an error in the Alert viewer saying there is at least one file in a duplicated folder that is not duplicated. I tried turning off duplication on the folder but the error won't clear even after a refresh.

Will the error clear? 

• Covecube
    @outrun you should see an unhealthy drive in the drives list. Complete the repair wizard to clear the error.

Alex

I used the wizard as soon as I saw the error but it's still there. I also rebooted and refreshed again. Both drives report healthy.

• Covecube

Alex

I used the wizard as soon as I saw the error but it's still there. I also rebooted and refreshed again. Both drives report healthy.

Is the drive being listed as Unhealthy in the drives list, or is it just that the WHS notification is there but all the drives are being listed as healthy?

The drives did say unhealthy... and the WHS notification(Alert Viewer) said there was an error. I did as the error said, Select the unhealthy drive and click the repair task on the right.

The drives are both listed as healthy now, but the error remains.

I was going to remove the pool and try to replicate the error.

• I had the error happen again. I deleted a folder full of video files from the duplicated videos folder. I got an error about files not duplicated and after running the repair tool, the error remains.
  • Covecube
    @outrun, I think there's a subtle issue with file health verification... I have an appointment to have a look at this tomorrow on a live machine with the issue. We'll probably have a fix out in a few days.
  • edited August 2011 Member
    Alex

Yeah, I was able to recreate it several times. I also noticed something weird. On a Win7 client I wasn't able to see the contents of a shared folder(Videos -pooled)... even as I was copying to the folder.

Can't wait for the final product (but don't rush it! : Got my new server started and most of the hardware is up and running.

:-)
  • I'd like to see the server for that one........................ :)
  • Question like this...

The remote web access of pooled share will be in the M3 version or in the M4 ?

Thanks
  • Previous WHS user.

Got my copy of WHS 2011 at the w/e and shortly after installation started looking for an application to pool drives.  I like the fact that Drivepool is dedicated for WHS and I have been working with M3 for 2 days now, I must say I'm liking it so far.

I have all my data and stuff (5TB) backed up on 2 external drives for now just in case there is a hiccup :)

I saw a thread about showing drive letters or not, how else will we easily identify which physical disk has become suspect and needs to be replaced? I normally run with 8 SATA drives in my server, its the max for my MB without an add in card. 

Many thanks for your efforts!

Now back to the threads to see what I can learn.

• Covecube
    Question like this...

The remote web access of pooled share will be in the M3 version or in the M4 ?

Thanks
    Remote web access of pooled shares is currently available in M3.