Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Wrong Drive size

edited August 2011 in DrivePool

Hi Alex

Just noticed under Server Folders the free space size is wrong  mine for instance are showing only 31gb free when there is 3.31Tb free on the pool

And its no problem i will keep looking for things for you to do :)

Lee

Comments

•  

Hi Alex

And its no problem i will keep looking for things for you to do :)

Lee
    Yeah was thinking the forum seems quiet today (always a good sign). Alex must be bored stiff !
    :-D
  • Covecube
    Quiet the opposite, if I'm not around then I'm tearing my hair out (whatever is left of it) trying to figure something out.

Right now I'm trying to get to the bottom of this WHS media streaming implementation that seems to be getting broken at times. I think it's finally nailed. The current internal build manages the internal (invilible) media library properly when you do things like move / rename folders.

It's such a pain.

The same issue exists with HomeGroups and I believe that's fixed as well. But this uses a totally different system to keep track of which folders are part of your HomeGroup or not and needs to be managed as well.

Both of these things should be pretty solid soon (I hope).

As far as the free space on the regular WHS server folders tab, that's showing the free space for the C: drive. That's just going to be the way it is. WHS thinks that the pool is on the C: drive, I'm not going to argue. I'm happy that it sees it at all.
  • Technically (if there was a way) you could remove the standard Server Folders and Hard Drives Icon/Addin and just have the StableBit DrivePool one. As long as all the features (repair, cleanup and shadow copies) from the standard one are in the DrivePool addin it should be fine. (as I said if you could remove it). I think that would be a great option and make operation even more straight foward. Love the software by the way !!!