Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

M3 Beta runs out in 11 days ... new beta before then ?

edited August 2011 in DrivePool

I just started testing M3 , and I have to say I love it. I tested one of the other 'options' for a few months , but after a number of BSODS and odd

crashes , I changed tack onto DP.

Killer is the M3 beta seems to run out on the 1st of Sept , are there any plans to release a new version before then ?

Keep up the good work !

Comments

• M4 is due this month so fingers crossed for an M4 release :)
  • Serious questions - just in case.

I leave for a 2 week + EU visit within the next week; will M3 expiry wipe out my pools/ shares/ etc if I'm not here to upgrade to M4?

Will I be able to safely upgrade on my return?

• Resident Guru
    Hi Britgeezer. DP should not wipe the pool; it should simply stop working. You should be able to upgrade and regain access to your pool on your return.

Of course, if you have any other applications that depend on having access to pooled files, those applications may halt/crash/whatever. If you are concerned, you could remove the add-in before you go and install the new version when you return.
  • Hi

I know alex has made some changes so some degree of access is still available to us however me like some of the others here we/i are relying on dp at the moment and I am sure alex would extend the expire for us till the release of the full program which I am certainly going to buy if I lost full access to dp either via desktop or video streamers I would be knackerd until the final version came out

Lee
  • The expiration was extended for another 30 days in the last build.  That was late last week I believe.
  • Covecube
    Generally, there should be a new build that extends the expiration 7 days before expiration.

Nothing bad happens if your build expires. The latest build will start up and only disable write access to the pool. The older builds just don't start.

If you update, everything is preserved and start working again.