Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Since 3785 update

edited September 2011 in DrivePool

Since this last update the frequency that shares disappear has increased a lot.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Just testing the possibility of a(nother) PSU failure.

Looks promising though

• PSU as in power supply unit? You think your drives are dropping causing the shares to disappear. That could be a possibility. I had a weird situation that happened to my PSU. I went on vacation and turned off and unplugged my server. Everything was fine. Then when I come back and plugged it in the PSU sparked and blew up. Luckily no hardware was fried and Antec replaced the PSU.
  • 3785 has been exceptionally unstable for me as well. Problems duplicating files, dropped shares, missing hard drives.
  • When I reboot I have to restart the service otherwise the shares dont come up doesnt feel safe to use at all :(
  • When I reboot I have to restart the service otherwise the shares dont come up doesnt feel safe to use at all :(
    I too have to restart the service as well every reboot. I also am getting a few errors in my computer backups as well ever since moving the folder too the drivepool.

When will there be an update?
  • Covecube
    There's an issue with the WHS backup service starting before the DrivePool service. When this happens the backup database is not available and so it fails. In addition, DrivePool 3785 fails to start if the backup service is not running.

This is addressed in 3790, but there's still work to be done there.

These issues are related to the new feature of putting the backup DB on the pool.