In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.
The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com
The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.
This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.
Like many people, I've been monitoring the progress of DrivePool and finally took the plunge. But as I'm getting started, I've run into a few snags that could probably be solved quickly by the experts here. I'm on build 3785
1. I have six disks ranging from 500GB to 2Tb. Currently I have spanned 4 of the disks and that is where the WHS ServerFolders resides. I created a DrivePool of 2 2TB disks and want to copy (using 'Move the Folder' option) to the drive pool. I keep getting an error saying that 'Access is Denied' and the process rolls back. How do I fix 'Access is Denied'?
2. Should I create a folder a manually move them or use the 'Move the folder' option in DrivePool?
In doing some searching on this site, there is some debate whether you can move one of the default ServerFolders (Music, Pictures, Videos) to the DrivePool. My questions are this:
1. Can I move those and still link to them via my HTPC and other computers? Right now I'm using the Win7 library to do this.
2. Will they be indexed (obviously all Win7 libraries need to be indexed).
3. If not, what is the best practice or is this a feature to built?
Thanks for all the help!