Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Migrating from whs1

edited September 2011 in DrivePool
I am about to move from whs1 and have several questions before i started,

1) I noticed that the os drive can be added to the pool but for example if i partition it can i add the 2nd partition to the pool?

2) I plan on installing whs 2011 with just the os drive and than put the second drive in it from my previous whs 1 installation, do i have to format the second drive or not? if case i dont will it read the information on it?

Comments

• Resident Guru
    A1) WHS2011 normally partitions the OS drive into a system partition and a data partition. You can add the data partition to the pool.

A2) If you format the second drive from your WHSv1 installation, you will lose whatever is on it. If instead you simply connect the drive after you have installed WHS2011, you will keep whatever is on it, but (for now at least) you will have to manually access/move any data (note: DE uses hidden folders).