Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Physical drive LIMITS

edited September 2011 in DrivePool

Hi all,

There was a discussion before stating that theoretically and virtually there is no issue going above the WHS V1 limit of 32 drives.

I physically have 36 and everything seems to be running smoothly.

I will continue to add more drives over the coming months

Comments

• Resident Guru
    I think there's a screenshot in an post by Solarnet somewhere showing DP running on some ridiculously large number of drives (a hundred? more?).

That's a virtual machine, but as far as DP is concerned there's no difference. :)
  • Covecube
    Best case scenario for this would be to isolate each drive on its own BUS (i.e. putting more than one drive on, say, USB 2.0 will slow everything down). Also, DrivePool is multi-threaded, so having multiple cores will help.
  • I think there's a screenshot in an post by Solarnet somewhere showing DP running on some ridiculously large number of drives (a hundred? more?).

That's a virtual machine, but as far as DP is concerned there's no difference. :)

In theory there is no difference between theory and practise. In practise there is.

Personally all my drives are on back planes attached to PCI cards (sil3124).

The striping feature in M4 will be interesting