Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Automatic nest updating - Build 432

edited June 2011 in BitFlock
The BitFlock client now comes with experimental /auto and /noui command line switches. When both of them are specified on a command line, BitFlock will scan the current computer's hard drive health status and update your nest silently.

You will need build 432, at least.

Example:
BitFlock_1_0_0_432U.exe /auto /noui

With these command line switches, you can now set up a daily scheduled task to update your nest automatically in the background for each of your computers.

This is still experimental. There is no automatic updating of the client so you will need to do that manually if a newer version is released.

Please do not auto-update more often than every 24 hours per PC.

Enjoy,

Comments

• Hello,

I have had a play with this option. It appears the program does not stop running. You may need to add some code to close the program down once it has "called home"

John
  • Covecube
    Hmm, interesting. I've got this running on a number of computers and don't experience this. What is the client OS?
  • I'm now using this on three 7 machines and one 2008 R2 (WHS2011) machine and it works very well. I set up tasks on each machine to run it at midnight.

The only thing I would like to see is email alerts for new issues.
  • Ok this is happening to me now too.

Also I tried to set this up at a friend's house and each time a computer updated, it would erase the data of the previous computer. He has like 5 computers but it only ever shows two computers total. Very strange.

Also currently I can't view any "Nests", just gives me an ASP.NET error.

And finally, when I swap out hard drives, the total space for each computer seems to be the total of all drives that have ever been in that PC.

Love this tool though, home you can address some of these issues soon. Thanks!