Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Access to destination folder was denied

2»

Comments

• Thanks Paaland
  • Resident Guru
    I believe PMs can be done by clicking on the person's name and then using the comment box provided.

The link I and Paaland provided is the one to use to formally reach Alex, however. Sorry it wasn't more obvious in my post.
  • Covecube
    Shane,

Thanks so much for helping out. I think at this point we'll set up a remote support appointment and I'll take a look at what's going on first hand.

If the NTFS permissions are getting changed periodically, chances are that there is some program running on the server that's doing this.
  • I followed Shane's instructions one more time and I believe the problem is now fixed. It's been over 24 hrs and the permissions to my folders have not changed. One odd thing that occurred once again is folders are beiong created on their own.  First time it happened, a folder named "K' was created. BTW, my pool has the letter "K". Now yesterday 5 other folders were created and they have pool part names.  I took a screen shot of it but everytime I try uploading it, I.E. freezes.

• Resident Guru
    Something's definitely amiss somewhere. Hopefully Alex will be able to get to the bottom of it.
  • Hi Shane,

Just wanted to mention that your instructions above helped me fix permission issues on my new WHS2011 install...  I migrated over from WHSv1, and ended up having permission problems on the predefined shares... I followed your instructions, and got it all fixed up.  Shortly after that, I was trying to copy files off a bad drive, and it messed up permissions on two different shares!  So I went through the whole procedure again, and I'm now happy to say all the permissions are set up properly, and they seem to be sticking now.  At the time, I had the beta of DrivePool installed, without realizing it... Now I've reverted back to the release version.

Here's hoping that the permissions stay the way they are right now.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!