Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

reinstall issue any help appreciated

edited March 2013 in DrivePool

hi there

system drive failed so I installed a new one

Installed whs 2011

Installed each of the ten sata drives one at a time

all drive letters in series

installed latest version and added drivepool and changed to z

started to install updates and then noticed that on one reboot it just hangs on the Microsoft progress bar ;-(

thought of using start up repair but it only allows a system image to be run nothing more

any idea folks

thanks in advance

Comments

• Resident Guru
    Not sure, it sounds like a Windows update issue rather than a DrivePool issue. Perhaps try booting into safe mode and rolling back prior to the last update?
  • hi shane

it was a clean install

got it working now as it seemed to boot up after numerous attempts and I slowly only allowed a few updates at a time

only left ie 9 and ie 10 as not installed

personally think ie 9 is the issue

all up and running now but was quite a scare

thanks for the reply

• how do I transfer my drivepool licence back over to my new system drive as im running the 30 day trial at this moment in time ?
  • Resident Guru
    Install the license as you did before. It should prompt you to transfer it.
  • it didn't prompt me to transfer

Im just using the trial at the moment

can I get my activation id back somehow ?

• Resident Guru
    When you insert your Activation ID (for WHS2011, go to Dashboard, Server Settings, Manage License) it will notice you have used it before and prompt you to transfer it from the old install to the new install.

From the Licensing FAQ: "We will send you information confirming your order, the Activation ID and activation instructions by email. Save this, it's important."

If you have lost your Activation ID, you will need to use the form at http://stablebit.com/contact and ask very nicely for it to be resent. :)
  • thanks shane

pm support and alex sorted me out again

thanks to you BOTH