It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.
The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com
The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.
This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.
We are running WHS 2011 SP1 with Stablebit Drivepool 1.3.7541. There have been occasional backup file corruptions since we moved from V1 to 2011.On 4/10 backups on all clients started to fail. I tried restarting the service and cold reboots to no avail. I followed the recommended steps on the Microsoft Tech site (repair tool, chkdsk...) none helped. The tech site did indicate that corrupted files can prevent the service from running backups. So, looked through the logs and found that the service was failing due to an unexpected EOF on H:/ServerFolders\Client Backups\Commit.dat. (H: is the drivepool) These errors started showing in the log on 4/8, the day after I installed the latest version of DrivePool (1.3.7541). I tried to look at Commit.dat and found a 0K file. So, I copied to another folder and deleted the original, hoping that WHS would rebuild on a reboot. The fix appears to have worked, because now the file is 5K and after running the Backup Repair Tool again, the service is working.
At first I did not make any connection with the last update of Drivepool and the service failure. However, there have been no other changes that would explain the problem. I did searches on the internet and here at Covecube. The only reference is from dslabbekoorn where he lost files. I am pleased the service is running again. Manual backups completed and now I am waiting for the daily cycle to complete. I would be grateful if someone could provide some insight. Deleting control files is a pretty crude way to fix a service.
I have had my client backups running fine for over a year whs11 + dp they have been problems in the past this is how I got my backups to work
Used the standard folder and made a full backup of all client pc's then once that had finished used the dashboard interface to move the backup folder to the pool since I did that everthing has been fine I even have duplication on.
I currently have a 36tb pool I do plan to create a new pool in the future just for backups but I don't have time at the moment to do it try the above see if it works for you it did me
The Windows Server Client Computer Backup Service failed at (1223) of (e:\colorado_qfe_fast\backup\pc\util\sort.cpp).
It still could be the RAM. I suffered with this problem for over a year. MemTest86 would pass every time. Finally when it became a constant problem MemTest86 failed. I replaced the RAM and database has been rock solid ever since.