Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Serial Numbers Not Correctly Displayed by DP

edited May 2013 in DrivePool

I just noticed that the serial numbers of the drives are incorrectly indicated by DP and DS.

Could it be my RAID card causing this problem? The RAID card indicates serial numbers correctly.

Here are some of the serial#

23FE3707

21C23707

B5763707

71FFB707

First 3 are WD and the 4th is a Seagate drive. Weird that they all end in 707. In my mind it must be the card.

Ron

Comments

ive got the same issue

but even my hard drive version has changed

3 tb showing as a 2tb and then then following 3 sata hard drive connected to the same sata card all have the same firmware and part number

this happened before but a reboot sorted it

but think it cropped up due to a new software update

• Has this problem been reported?

Ron

yes I have this evening with screenshot
  • edited May 2013 Member

Mine doesn't see drive type on pooled drives or serial numbers.  It sees drive type but not serial number of non pooled drives. 

Might be the card  HighPoint RR2760.

• edited May 2013 Member

Just in case you had  played around with "UnsafeDirectIo" and set it to TRUE, try changing it back to FALSE. I just did and serial and model numbers are now displayed correctly. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Advanced_Settings

Ron 

I just got scanner and changed that setting and all data is populated now, thank.

I have never played around with this setting using sil 3114 pci controller

however my serial numbers are still incorrect

• Covecube
    AMCross: are you using the RAID or "base" firmware version of the card. It makes a difference.

Namely... because the SIL cards are pretty poor about following standards and properly passing on SMART data. *especially* when they are using the RAID firmware.