Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Our Sites

covecube.com 
community.covecube.com 
blog.covecube.com 
wiki.covecube.com 
bitflock.com 
stablebit.com 

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In order to better support our growing community we've set up a new more powerful forum.

The new forum is at: http://community.covecube.com

The new forum is running IP.Board and will be our primary forum from now on.

This forum is being retired, but will remain online indefinitely in order to preserve its contents. This forum is now read only.

Thank you,

Licensing agreement and set up

edited May 2013 in DrivePool

I have a backup win7 64 pro machine which I am turning into a WHS 2011 one as well by swopping out the boot drive. The data drives for the win7 machine, as well as those that will go into DrivePool for the WHS machine, will remain in the case at all times.

Would I have to buy one or two licenses for DrivePool?

Comments

• Covecube
    If you're basically reinstalling the OS on the machine, then there is no issue transferring the license. In fact, if you use the "manage license" option, you can deactivate it, and then once WHS2011 is installed, activate it on that system.

I did not explain myself clearly in the original post.

The PC will be a dual purpose machine. Most of the time it will be  a WHS, but in the event of my having problems with my main machine, it will become my backup machine. The boot drive is in a removable caddy which will allow me to swop operating systems with a simple shut down, swop caddies, and reboot.

Obviously the drivepool drives will show up as normal htfs drives in win7 with whatever letters are associated with them. Win7 would be able to access them directly as well as the data drives for win7 which will not be included in the drivepool array.

I hope that his clarifies my problem.

My question remains: Would I have to buy one or two licenses for DrivePool?

The most transparent way would be 2 licenses, but you could deactivate and activate the licenses with each swap,